After three years of hard work (and hardly writing here on the site), The Yes Effect is almost here! It’s been a privilege to work with missions strategist Luis Bush and the team at Moody Publishers to carry to you these humble yet awe-inspiring stories of God’s interaction with individuals and communities around the globe. As I’ve written these narratives, they have spurred me along in my own response to hard things in my personal circles or in the world as a whole.
My co-author, Luis, is the originator of the 10/40 Window movement, which represents a region of the world with dense populations, severe poverty, and limited access to the gospel. With a focus on these regions, Luis has spent his life traveling the globe to work alongside individuals and organizations whose acts of love and justice are bringing hope and transformation. The Yes Effect is about how ordinary people in their various contexts and places say yes to God and start an ongoing global chain reaction, causing pockets of God’s kingdom to spring up all over the world.
We share the stories of…
- garbage dump residents and other believers from Cairo who help bring peace and reconciliation to the chaos of the Arab Spring
- a group of adoptive parents in Ukraine who turn the heart of the whole country toward the cause of the orphan
- a middle class tax attorney from the Philippines who makes himself at home in the Manila slums and empowers the poor to find a sustainable way of life
- a Chinese house church pastor who courageously brings his church above ground to reach the weary and depressed in the hub of society
- believers in the Middle East who are showing mercy and choosing to see the refugee crisis as the refugee opportunity
…and so much more.
The book releases September 5, but you can pre-order The Yes Effect: Accepting God’s Invitation to Transform the World Around You today.